RSS Feed (xml)

Powered by Blogger

Search Engine Optimization Tips

I have read a few threads relating to this topic and thought I would share my experience. I have been working only with RapidWeaver for about 2 months now and my experience before that on web design. After reading everything I could on the web and then, after buying RapidWeaver, Blocks, and downloading some themes (and quite a few others), I undertook redesigning my website.

Before I started, I had a small 5-page site designed by a friend who did not charge anything for me. I guess you get what you pay for. We did not even appear in the search engines.

Today, after a month or so being live, we are at the following position for our major keywords:

Google - # 11 or # 12, page 2
MSN # 1 and # 2 page 1
Yahoo # 8 page 1

Not too bad considering where we started.
So here are my recommendations for SEO.
.
  • Content, Content, Content. - Search engines love content. They are searching the web, NOT to list your site, but rather to return the best, more relevant results to the person who is doing the search. Cool flash is great, but if it does not have copy that gets listed in the search engines, it does not mean much.
.
  • Learn the Programs.
    I made a few mistakes along the way but sought out help here. Like not using an image block for text!
.
  • Learn from the experts
    I must have emailed 1/2 dozen times to the experts to clarify something for me. In fact, I have not found any of the developers to NOT try to help or assist in a timely fashion.
.
  • Search Engines like New Stuff
    I started a blog on the site and was amazed to find out that each blog entry stands alone with the search engines. We also try to add a new page every week or so.
.
  • The Other Key
    The other key ingredient for search engines (Google especially) is inbound links. That to me is the most difficult and time consuming part. I do not sell to dealers or internet people so they are not linking to me like to my competitor. So I am taking the path of social bookmarking with your own browser etc.. I have also made a site with other information besides what I am selling. Currently, we are being bookmarked by 25% of our visitors. Some will come back to buy, others just to see what is new. Nevertheless, the traffic will help as they send the link to their friends.
.
There are my tips on SEO. Hope they are helpful to you.

POPULAR DOWNLOADS

.